- By BILLY ”the real” DEAL -
- HORTICULTURE SPECIALIST -
Your Prince Charming has arrived with a beautiful bouquet of Roses on this special day. It is like a scene from a movie: the wind blows and the angels begin to sing. There are a few white dove flying by. There may even be a bunny rabbit and a deer watching. The next morning setting in the vase are droopy roses. Now that is not a great symbol of Love? Or is it?
There is more to this than just putting them in a glass of water and hoping for the best. It takes work and preperation to make them last. Just like a relationship.
So how do we prepare and preserve the magic?
- Start with a nice healthy bouquet of flowers.
- Place them in lukewarm water.
- Select a vase to place them in. Be sure it is clean. Use bleach solution to disinfect.
- Under warm running water cut each stem 1/2 inch from with sharp floral sheers.
- Place a penny in the bottom of vase and will with warm water.
- Stir in Floral Preserve packet or a little sugar into vase and stir.
- Place arrangement into vase and organize stems.
- After 4 days change out water and repeat steps above .
With a bit of preparation and work you can enjoy the great beauty of the arrangement. Just like your personal relationships they take effort and preparation do not take them for granted. Happy Valentines Day everyone!!